Data Collection with Weigh-In-Motion Scales
Data Collection in EuropeTransportation officials rely on Weigh-In-Motion (WIM) sensors for collecting vehicle data at high speeds for highway data and traffic monitoring. Traffic volume, speed, axle counting and spacing, vehicle classifications, and vehicle weights are all part of monitoring current usage and highway planning for the future.
Weigh-In-Motion Strip Sensors
Typical Sensor Configuration
Strip sensors for data collection incorporate strain gauge sensor technology:
- WIM site installation employs two sensors, loop, and electronics
- Provides Accurate Data for Roadway Monitoring & Planning
- Detection of Overloaded Vehicles & Incidence
- Integrate Sensors in Existing Pavement or during Site Replacement
- Stable readings with environmental fluctuations of temperature
- Minimally invasive in-ground installation
- Does not require frames or drainage
- Maintenance free operation
- Integrate with variety of electronics
Intercomp WIM strip sensors are also used in screening for enforcement, tolling (ETC), ports of entry or departure, and bridge and pavement protection.