Weigh-In-Motion Scales for Tolling (ETC)
Tolling Site in South AmericaFor toll operators, Weigh-In-Motion is used for data collection of traffic to monitor types of vehicles and overweight incidence, or axle counts and Gross Vehicle Weights used directly as toll-by-weight. Capable of being integrated into existing systems and operating and low or high speeds, strain gauge strip sensors rapidly process vehicles without stoppage or delays.
Weigh-In-Motion Strip Sensors
Typical Sensor Configurations
Strip sensors for tolling incorporate strain gauge technology:
- WIM site installation employs four to eight sensors, loop, and electronics
- Automate Tolling Process
- Detection of Vehicle Weights for Weight Based Tolling
- Detection of Axle Configuration for Vehicle Classification Based Tolling
- Use Sensors in Low or High Speed tolling Applications, including Mainline Installations
- Use at low or high speeds
- High degree of accuracy
- Stable readings with environmental fluctuations of temperature
- Minimally invasive in-ground installation
- Does not require frames or drainage
- Maintenance free operation
Where lower speed tolling requires high accuracy, eight sensors (four pairs) have been used for these applications.
Intercomp scales and sensors are also used in data collection, screening for enforcement, tolling (ETC), ports of entry or departure and bridge and pavement protection.